- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 12 shrimp, jumbo, uncooked
- 1 ½ cup almonds, sliced (5 oz)
- 6 cups vegetable oi
- Peel, devein, and butterfly shrimp, leaving tails intact. Line large baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place flour in medium bowl; add salt. Whisk milk and eggs in large bowl. Dredge shrimp (not tails) in seasoned flour; shake off excess.
- Dip shrimp in milk mixture. Press almonds over shrimp, coating all but tails. Place shrimp on prepared sheet. Curl tails up over shrimp.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 ½ hours. (Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover with foil.) Heat oil in heavy large saucepan to 350 degrees. Loosen shrimp from paper.
- Add frozen shrimp to oil in batches and cook until deep golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels using slotted spoon. Let drain.
- Divide shrimp among plates.
- Serve with cocktail sauce, tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market