Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cup almonds sliced, lightly toasted
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten with 2 tsp. water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp basil fresh, chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
- With hands, lightly crush almonds into small pieces; reserve. Lightly flatten chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour. Pat off excess flour. Dip chicken in beaten egg.
- Press each chicken breast in almonds, covering chicken well. Place on buttered baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is just firm and almonds are golden.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, lemon juice, and basil. Drizzle over cooked chicken breasts.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market