Makes 2 servings
- 12 oz. Alaska King crab split legs, thawed if necessary
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1 to 2 tbsp. dry sherry or dry vermouth
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Cut crab legs into 2-1/2 to 3 inch pieces. Melt butter in 10 inch round or 8 x 8 x 2 inch microwave proof dish at high about 30 seconds; add mushrooms, green onion, sherry and lemon juice.
- Cover with waxed paper. Microwave at high 2 minutes; rotate dish 1/4 turn after 1 minute. Add crab legs, meat-side down; cover with waxed paper. Microwave at medium 3 to 4 minutes or until thorughly heated; rotate dish 1/4 turn after 1-1/2 minutes. Recipe can be doubled.
- Conventional Method; Melt butter in skillet; add lemon juice. Sauté crab legs, meat side down; turn and push to sides of skillet. Sauté mushrooms and onion; splash sherry over all ingredients. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
- Serving Tip: Serve over cooked rice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market